Posted by Thelma Marshall, VP of Solutions, April 2, 2020
Improving production systems, processes and assets in your facility doesn’t require starting-from scratch. Retrofitting sensors to machines and assets has become simpler, and older equipment no longer creates a challenge.
In the past, the big worry was if new technology was difficult to deploy or update. Your company probably questioned how it delivers ROI, and how quickly it could be realized. Today, your biggest worry is how to remain compeditive without it.
The good news is ROI is easier than ever to obtain and augmenting systems with the correct ERP are seamlessly integrated with existing back office and monitoring systems. This delivers clear, actionable insight and control.
What to expect next
Technology is now moving beyond augmentation that replaces typical human capabilities into augmentation that is beyond normal human capabilities. We can do more in drastically less time. And information will continue to move faster in the future.
When your enterprise is ready to upgrade, here’s what to look for:
- Easy installation – requiring very little time or effort from your enterprise.
- A software platform that marries easily with your current systems. The option to allow data to be shared among multiple platforms including maintenance, fleet, warehouse, and labor management systems for improved analytics
- Flexibility in choosing only the insight and information you need
- Comprehensive data digested for you to facilitate action and results
- Advanced functions like load sensing and job tracking
- Upgradable software that will easily intergrade in the future
- Enterprise level reporting that facilitates insight and reports from multiple locations
How easy can installation and updates be?
Improvement in planning, scheduling and maintenance begins with three things: the ability to visualize, digest and act on real-time data. TotalTrax is ready with next level AI to provide a connected, immersive view of business processes that co-exist with existing back office systems.
You may wonder if this new technology will deliver measurable results quickly. It does. Deploying a quality cloud-hosted telematic application that offers enterprise level reporting can deliver as much as 1.7 times more ROI than on-premises ones, and those benefits increased over time.
Having a platform that easily accommodates new applications and upgrades is key. It means there are no future needs to replace obsolete hardware or learn a new operating system to gain additional functionality. It can be easy to use, flexible, and automatically updatable via the cloud, delivering maximum life cycle and ROI.
Deploying telematics pays off
The next level of advanced AI and telematic software has arrived, allowing manufacturing and warehouse managers to take comprehensive control over vehicles and multiple operations with ease. The result is driving rapid improvements in business efficiency, agility and competitive advantage.