Posted by Thelma Marshall, Product Director, March 12, 2020
Is your business relying on old technology while trying to meet today’s competitive demands? Without the right information and insight, you are working at a huge disadvantage.
Fear of the unknown prevents progress. It stagnates business growth and can keep you clinging to the old ways of doing things. But, cloud-based telematic systems improve access to analytics, increase productivity, and reduce costs. Because of this, ROI is easily achieved over time and switching over to a new system has never been easier.
There are ways to maximize that ROI too, like leveraging all that a cloud-based telematics platform has to offer. Things like real-time data from fleet telematics, detailed analysis, fleet vehicle tracking from anywhere, easy system upgrades, and added security can change be a game-changer for your facility.
How telematics delivers ROI
A recent study revealed that 70 companies that adopted cloud-hosted applications found that it delivered 1.7 times more ROI than their previous on-premises applications and that those benefits increased over time. The value-driven benefits that will change how you do business include:
- Ideal for organizations with growing or fluctuating bandwidth demand; scaling up or down is easy; provides a level of agility and an advantage over competitors
- CIOs and IT directors rank ‘operational agility’ as a top driver for cloud adoption
- Because data is stored in the cloud, you can access it from anywhere
Utilization and Optimization
- Improved Lift/Operator Assignments from Utilization Analysis & Action
- Battery charging and replacement savings
- Maintenance savings
- Fleet reduction savings
- Respond faster than competitors with the use of enterprise-class technology
- Make proactive changes to support warehouse safety
Automatic software updates
- Suppliers complete regular software and security updates, leaving businesses free to focus on other areas
- Data is more secure in the cloud than in your own offices or data center. Leading providers like Rackspace have a dedicated staff of world-class experts on numerous types of high-level online security.
- Cost of security hardware and software are reduced: Most companies could not afford larger providers’ level of data security, including staff, security facilities, and regular audits and upgrades.
- Cuts out the high cost of hardware
- Pay-as-you-go subscription based
- Workers can access applications from anywhere at any time with real-time updates
What telematic platform delivers the best result
When asked about efficiency and productivity, 82% of companies surveyed said they saved money by moving to the cloud. There is one caveat to seeing ROI: choosing the right cloud platform that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI) for machine learning.
With AI, software platforms identify and merge patterns from what machines “experience” using advanced analytics, IoT sensors, and real-time monitoring. The partnership provides answers based on insight versus guesswork and delivers the end-to-end visibility required for success.
It is time to make the transition to cloud based telematics but be certain to weigh the capabilities of each system you consider and choose one that will easily grow with your business. Look for a cloud-based platform that offers advanced capabilities that fits your needs and provides easy to digest, value-driven data and analysis and optimum efficiency when it comes to upgrades.