We are actively soliciting candidates for a System Engineer role.
- Total Trax delivers forklift telematic systems to large warehouse customers. The system includes vehicle mounted equipment with embedded computer and communication equipment, connectivity to the customers network, and a centralized Linux based server to collect data, configure vehicles, and provide reports. (The TotalTrax system can be compared to a Distributed Control System where the monitored endpoints are on mobile vehicles).
- This position is a System Engineer with multiple lines of responsibility. Individuals are the backbone of TotalTrax’s customer delivery and support structure. The System Engineer is responsible for:
- Deployment and delivery of Totaltrax systems at customer sites.
- Conducting Training of customer maintenance, safety and management personnel on the proper use of the system.
- Technical support personnel. When not deployed, the SE will be activated in the phone tree and answer/escalate/document customer calls and issues.
The job will require traveling approximately 50% of time therefore the candidate’s location can be anywhere in USA near a major airport.
An individual’s daily/weekly time will be split amongst the 3 core responsibilities due to any number of factors including but not limited to staffing levels, customer preference, volume, complexity and distance. Resource planning is at the sole discretion of the team lead and SVP.
Deployment / Delivery
- Act as a technical expert and deploy TotalTrax hardware and software systems including vehicle hardware and central server.
- Perform hardware installations and configurations at customers sites. Configure on site hardware as needed.
- Execute implementations as laid out in TTX’s implementation project plans.
- Represent TotalTrax at the customer site.
- Manage multiple stakeholders including but not limited to, customer champions, IT personnel, TTX customer success directors and the Team Lead.
- Manage and follow the TTX implementation project plan
- Identify and document system nuances for turnover to TotalTrax support personnel.
- Contribute current technical information and best practices to the TotalTrax knowledge base.
- Log all actions into Totaltrax system of record – Salesforce, Jira, Confluence.
- When home, act as one of the technical support personnel in the phone tree and do remote implementations.
- Train customer personnel on proper install, maintenance and use of the system long term including reporting and maintenance of the SX200 server
- Clearly identify and publicize all TTX training collateral
- Provide prompt responses to users for problem resolution, and Trouble Ticket case assignments.
- Work queue of assigned tickets and issues when working technical support desk
- Provide advanced technical inbound and outbound call support of all SXVX products, including software / hardware issue diagnoses and problem resolution
- First responder call support providing initial issue triage of customer technical issues
- More complex issues will be escalated to higher Tier support for resolution
- Perform customer software upgrades, and troubleshooting sessions
- Provide product support by utilizing the suite of internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and provide support for LAN / Wireless environments
Experience with Wi-Fi network connectivity issues and troubleshooting of network problems.
- Experience with both client and server implementations in a multi-client distributed architecture.
- Experience in solving problems requiring combined mechanical, electrical, and software interactions.
- Strong written, verbal, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Linux at command line level.
- Ability to interact effectively with client technical personnel resulting in successful project completion.
- BS, BA, Master’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with installation of smart distributed industrial systems combining mechanical, electrical and software.
- Experience with a Cloud based software delivery system.
- Tier 1 Technical help desk experience in an Cloud based software systems