Each year, your facility probably tries to identify and reduce waste while increasing product flow to better meet the demand for expedited. But can an enterprise realistically reduce waste and boost warehouse productivity at the same time? Yes, it can.
Here’s the challenge
Customers have a need for speed and accuracy but keeping up with this growing demand requires faster flow-through of inventory, accurate inventory tracking and operators who know how to prioritize tasks and get the job done.
Other obstacles include:
- Severe weather’s impact on shipment schedules.
- WMS that can’t analyze the data and anticipate customer demand for product, so delivery delays occur.
- Controlling the flow of product within the facility and information throughout the supply chain falters due to poor tracking methods and communication strategies.
- Ineffective placement of fast-moving product creates delays in order fulfilment.
- Poor layout and routing of forklifts creates idle time and wasted minutes moving an order from point A to point B, traffic issues on the warehouse or manufacturing floor and near-misses or accidents.
- LEAN initiatives become harder to facilitate during periods of high-demand.
Here’s the solution
Telematic data can help facilitate a clear path to your 2020 goals, letting you reduce waste and boost warehouse productivity. Many warehouse and manufacturing operations deploy advanced telematics to achieve better control – with greater ease, as they stive to keep up with more big data information and a growing global economy.
Your software platform should allow you to:
- Quickly meet the demand of a growing customer base and custom orders (pick-and-choose orders)
- Anticipate customer demand to ensure stock was readily available
- Ensure transparency and the ability to track inventory from the time it arrives at the warehouse to the time it reaches its destination
- Stay on top of proper maintenance of forklifts, equipment and the facility to protect assets and goods
Fact is, the right data from advanced telematics at your fingertips simplifies the process, helping to instantly identify areas of risk or where value is lost. Insight includes:
Provides insight on operator and vehicle use, letting you right-sizing the fleet.
Analysis determines better warehouse traffic patterns, reduces pedestrian injuries, and facilitates more productive work schedules. Managers learn real-time vehicle location with proximity to product.
Analyzes the health of batteries, the state of charge, opportunity charging, fluid levels, and temperature.
Records impact information combined with advanced location and determines where impacts happen historically. Root cause can be determined to avoid future damage and injuries.
Monitoring and checklists
Forklift monitoring alerts managers to equipment issues, repairs, or required maintenance before it poses any risk. Required safety checklists must be completed before forklifts will operate.
Advances in telematics can help you implement leaner work processes, cut costs and improve productivity. Advanced telematics quickly analyzed all warehouse conditions to deliver real-time answers and solutions to meeting your goals.